Parama Pujya Swami Parijnanashram
Highly intelligent, progressive in His outlook, and with a keen thirst to know more about matters both spiritual and technical, Parijnanashram Swamiji III was a mere teenager when He became the 10th Mathadhipati of Shri Chitrapur Math®. But the extraordinary canvas of mind of this Visionary Sage and His exemplary compassion prompted Him to organise annual functions to honour the literati and achievers from different walks of life alongside sports-meets, to create a museum that highlighted to the laity its extraordinary spiritual inheritance and to provide opportunities for the youth to be physically fit and culturally sound and for the Math (Spiritual Sanctuary) to be financially able. The Chitrapur Gram Vikas Yojana, for instance, was initiated to turn this hamlet into a self-sufficient township promoting agricultural, industrial, and commercial growth through small-scale industries around the Math.
In Bengaluru, a six-storeyed complex was built on the unused land around the Math resulting in a sizeable regular income.
A deer park and a bird sanctuary were also set up in the spacious grounds of the Govardhan hillock.
A chance discovery of an intricate deepamaalika while searching for accessories for the Rathotsav sparked off Swamiji’s desire to set up a museum. Thus began His single-handed crusade to collect precious idols and artefacts. The museum also housed a library of rare manuscripts and books, which later set the foundation for ‘Shrimat Parijnanashram Vastu Sangrahalaya’ in Shirali.
- Set up ‘Arogya Dham’ at Karla, which:
- Runs a free Primary Health Centre
- Conducts free health/eye/diagnostic camps for locals
- Set up schools at Virar for physically and mentally challenged children, which is now providing yeoman service through its three expanded sections, namely:
- Srimat Parijnanashram Education Centre for Deaf & Blind
- Srimat Parijnanashram Vocational Centre for Physically Challenged
- Srimat Parijnanashram Vocational Centre for Mentally Challenged…
While PARIJNAN FOUNDATION® has a core group of 7 dedicated trustees with impeccable track records in their chosen professions, they work under the compassionate and vigilant guidance of His Holiness Sadyojat Shankarashram Swamiji, the 11th Spiritual Preceptor and Sole Trustee of Shri Chitrapur Math® and Shri Chitrapur Math.